Sunday, May 22, 2011

new pc on its way!!!!!

for months i have been wanting a new pc and finally around 10 days ago I have had enough of my current one between not being able to play any games ( I do think that is because of my power supply overheating but don't want to put any money into this pc)and the horrible slowdowns in using photoshop.watching the progress bar for doing every little thing makes doing a page even longer  and i am a super slow scrapper to begin with.

so after getting totally fed up i finally ordered a new pc from digital storm - one of the top online gaming pc companies. While not a top of the line PC it still should be very fast and should play any game with all graphics maxxed out on my current 22 inch monitor. With this new pc, I really hope to get back into gaming - but what game do i start out with. I want one with great graphics but not sure I am ready to go into a 100 hour game. in the old days I loved those types. Ideally now i can do some gaming but still continue scrapping even if i t means doing less pages and entering less challenges.

I know of a couple forums dedicated to rpg gaming so maybe i will join and ask for game suggestions. since i will need my specs I might as well post them here .

Coolermaster case HAF 922Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K 3.40GH overclocked to 4.4
750W Corsair PSU
Memory - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67
Noctua cooler
120GB intel SSD
1TB Western Digital Caviar HD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)

on Friday I was told it was shipping - about a week earlier than I expected it to. that means it may be here Monday or Tuesday as it is coming from california. 

I still need ot get a bunch of peripherals - such as gaming keyboard, new speakers, webcam, 27 inch monitor . I have an old mouse - logitech mx518  but it is still considered a very good gaming mouse. Also need a new desk as this one is too small  and cramped. Have already looked at some at Ikea but jerry wants to wait until it is here before getting the desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment